Monday, May 2, 2011

Eurospeak

It always makes me laugh when I am in other countries and they ask me where I am from. After I say "Texas, the United States" - more than likely the response is "Obama!", and that really concludes the conversation because they don't know any more English after that.
But sometimes, when I respond with "Texas", I just hear "Bush!" and that is all they know.

I usually do answer Texas over just saying The United States out of habit I guess if they hear me speaking English.

A few times in Morocco, where I was just speaking Spanish (they mainly know Arabic, then French and THEN Spanish depending on where you are. So it is easier to speak Spanish while wondering around or trying to bargain with people. Then of course if they asked I tried to just say Castilla- La Mancha. (No one knows where Manzanares is anyway).

Now I am wondering what I will hear after the events of yesterday. (In case you avoid the news and talking to people, Osama Bin Laden has been killed)

Anyways,

I know I need to add my Sahara blog but I have a million things on my plate, it will happen, just might be later in the week/end for me to get it done. It is awesome so I hope you all can't wait to read it and see the pictures.


Tori


No comments:

Post a Comment