Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love bite.

I was in class the other day, playing a question game. Where each of the students asked the person next to them a question and the person answered the question, then asked another question and we kept it going in a line. They could as anything they wanted, but I wanted them to practice using question words.

One boy asked the girl next to him about the mark on her neck, accusing her of having a 'love bite'. They asked me the word in English, and so, that is where they all learned 'hickey' and I had to explain it. I am an awesome teacher.

Later tonight when I told the story, Mike's sister told me that they brag about them here. I just laughed because that is the exact opposite reaction at home in which girls try and hide them with make-up, a side pony-tail, a scarf, etc
We all laughed a good while over it. I am really enjoying time with Mike's sister, Lauren, she reminds me of my friends back home.


Until Next Time

Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment